Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Tuesday, March 8, 2011

]ACKSON, MS - Bikers rally around accident victims

OFF THE WIRE
By Julie Straw -
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=14198581
JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - Medical bills were piling up for the four motorcyclists involved in a violent wreck on Interstate 55 about a month ago. Sunday dozens of fellow riders gathered to help the couples get back on their feet.
On January 29th, two couples were seriously injured in a wreck on Interstate 55 near the stack in Jackson.
"I don't remember going into the curve. All I remember is when we did wreck I was like oh my gosh, we wrecked. You better tuck our arms and roll and then I remember waking up in the hospital," said Melody Thomaszewski.
One bike had hit a patch of oil on the road and crashed which caused a chain reaction wreck.
"I can't walk for three months being in a wheel chair then I can start doing therapy," said Christy Schoenecker who suffered a broken pelvis and wrist. Her husband Michael broke his collar bone.
"Doctors said I can't lift anything. I'm not supposed to because I have a plate in my collar bone. But she can't walk so I'm forced to have to help her, pick her up, move her around, shower, bathroom everything," said Michael Schoenecker.
David Ellis and Melody Thomaszewski were also struggling with average day to day tasks while medical bills pile up. That's why friends and even strangers are raising money for their fellow riders.
"It's wonderful, it really is. Means a lot," said Michael Schoenecker.
One day all four hope to join their friends back on the open road. "Riding is just a love that you have, there's no question about it. It is part of our lives," said David Ellis.
If you are interested in joining Friends of Fallen Riders to raise money for the couples call Kris Vitt at 601-988-8448 or email him at soxxerms@comcast.net.