Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sonny Barger's book signing for "Lets Ride" in Hillsborough, North Carolina on Saturday November 13th.

FROM MY BRO CHARLIE
here ya go...
============

I had the "Awesome" pleasure of being the live music entertainment at Sonny Barger's book signing for "Lets Ride" in Hillsborough, North Carolina on Saturday November 13th. The event started around 11 AM and was open to the public. Temperature rose to the 70's with full sunshine and was perfect for the hundreds of Bikers riiding and representing Clubs from the Eastern United States.
I got there early for sound check and was amazed at the people who were already standing in line waiting for Sonny to arrive. One instance in particular was the uniformed police officer who walked up, stood in line and waited his turn for an autographed book and picture. It was a bit surreal to witness this as the area just outside of sight from the event was covered by police in squad cars and the ominously obvious law enforcement in undercover vehicals. I am pleased to report that the entire day went off without a hitch. In fact, as a musician looking from behind the scenes, I have to say it was one of the most professionally organized events I've ever performed at. Everyone from security to the wait staff inside Crazy Shot Billiards treated the crowd with respect, it was truly an awesome experience.
I started playing around noon and performed 3 solo acoustic sets that lasted till around 4:30 PM. As an artist/musician sometimes you walk into a venue and get a mixed vibe about something, could be the sound system or the audience in general. But I can say without any doubt it was the most comfortable feeling I've ever had on stage. Over the years I've played many places I couldn't wait to leave and never wanted to go back, the reception I got from everyone at the book signing was overwhelming and I sang songs till every ounce of energy I had was expired. If I can say anything at all, it has given me renewed inspiration to write some new songs and I can't wait to return to Hillsborough in 2011.
Special thanks to Izzy, Jason, Tiny, Amy & Dominick and of coarse the man himself Sonny Barger for making this an experience I'll never forget.
Peace n Love from Nashville, TN.
Baker