Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CINCINNATI, OH, Driver Gets Probation For Crash That Crippled Biker

OFF THE WIRE
Victim Forgives Woman For Crash
CINCINNATI -- A woman who caused a crash that took a motorcyclist's leg was sentenced Monday.
Amber Schwartz was sentenced to five years probation plus pay medical costs and restitution for the May 6 crash that injured Scott Lane.
"I don't have any words to say, except for saying I'm sorry. It doesn't even cut it," Schwartz said.
Lane was riding his motorcycle when Schwartz hit him nearly head-on, severing his left leg.
Prosecutors said Schwartz was high on prescription drugs at the time of the crash.
Schwartz pleaded guilty to vehicular assault on Nov. 1. A charge of aggravated vehicular assault was dropped.
Lane was in court Monday and said he forgave Schwartz.
"Within the first month, I was telling everyone around me, and telling myself I was able to forgive her, and I am. I'm putting it behind me so that I can move forward," he said.
"No matter what amount of jail time the court could have been imposed, it's not going to make my leg come back," he said. "I'd like to see her get some help. If it's a drug problem, then that can be helped."