Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Friday, November 12, 2010

Thought you'd appreciate this... MARINES!

OFF THE WIRE
Happy 235th, Marines. Semper Fi

Max Sarazin of the cape and Islands Detachment,Department of Mass, sends this outstanding post,to which I fully concur.
Semper Fi,
Bill Taylor

There have been some people who, in ignorance have referred to Marines as extremists, and more than a little dangerous.
To his credit, former Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Charles Krulak has said in our defense: “Citizens from all walks of life have donned the Marine Corps uniform and gone to war to defend this great nation, never to return. Honor, courage and commitment are not extreme. From a personal viewpoint, I never knew a Marine who was only a little dangerous. Most of us seemed to be a lot dangerous. That, I believe is supposed to be the idea.”
Are Marines extremist?
. I personally believe I am a Marine until the day I die, at which time I become a dead Marine;
. I believe in God, Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, the Marine Corps and its creed of Honor, Courage and Commitment, Country, Mom and Apple Pie, and I apologize to no one for assigning God His rightful place;
. I believe that Marines draw the Guard Duty in Heaven, because the Marine Corps Hymn says so;
. I believe the Bible to be the finest book ever written, containing the very words of God, with the Marine Corps Guidebook coming in a close second;
. I believe that Marines in service today are my direct descendants via the Warrior Spirit;
. I believe only two types of people exist within our nations military; Marines, and those who wished they were;
. I believe that the Marines in service today are the finest Marines who have ever served our country;
. I believe that Lewis (Chesty) Puller was the greatest American who ever lived, with former Commandant Charles Krulak a close second, and former Secretary of the Navy James Webb (the most decorated Marine of the Vietnam War) coming in third with General Peter Pace, the only Marine to ever serve as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff right on his heels.
. I believe that Duty is a Right;
. I believe that Service to our country is a God-given opportunity;
. I believe that Patriotism is Duty, not to be taken lightly;
. I believe in the Brotherhood of the Marine Corps.
. We, as Marines believe in the Freedom of the American citizen, and have proved it, tens of thousands of times.
Are United States Marines extremists?
The Chief of Naval Operations would never be called a Sailor.
The General of the Army would never be called a Soldier.
The Chief of Staff of the Air Force would never be called an Airman.
The Commandant of the Marine Corps is PROUD to be called: Marine.
I admit: I am old and gray, and I no longer move as fast as I once did. My active duty service is long behind me; but the memory of those fellow Marines with whom I served is as fresh today as it was so many years ago.
Yes, Marines will always be extreme! We know no other way to live, to serve, to pay back our country for what we have and for what we have earned.
And what we have earned is a title. A name. A right.
We have earned, by the service, the sacrifice and the blood of our brothers, the right to be forever known as: UNITED STATES MARINES.
SEMPER FIDElIS