Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Monday, November 21, 2011

For the troops~ can anybody help? :*)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Americas-Warriors/149627395050169
 
Our charity America's Warriors has been chosen as one of the recipients of the Intel Corps. volunteer group. They have ordered and received the material needed to hand sew 100 sand-scarves to donate to our organization along with other items, so that we can send them to Afghanistan for Christmas. The problem that we are running into, is that we have had nearly zero luck this year in raising funds from the general public, and are looking at not having the money needed to pay for shipping the care packages over-seas.
I would donate the money myself, however the large amount of funds that I put towards our donations for the Fisher House and Operation Phoenix this February, have left us quite constrained on funds due to my surgery taking me off the work clock. As a result of my surgery and my medications, I completely spaced coming to you and asking if you could make a post in your newsletter for us, so that we could try to raise some funds from your viewers. We are in desperate need of donations to help us get the care packages over-seas, and we must receive them soon so that we can ship the packages no later than the end of November. , As always Joe, your opinions and comments are most welcome If you would care to share your thoughts on what we are trying to do.
Thanks much for your time and I hope you and your wife are doing well :o)
Warm regards,
*Brandon Kent Founder & CEO America's Warriors (503) 989-0048 P.O. Box 67031 Milwaukie, OR. 97268 http://www.americaswarriors.org/ "For the safety of our Troops"
Proud Patriot Guard Rider *Oregon Chapter* http://www.patriotguard.org/ "Standing For Those Who Stood For Us"

Hello-

The message below was forwarded to me, however I am only seeing Joe's response. Was there some question as to how much we are trying to raise Joe?

 I am still waiting to find out what others supplies the folks from Intel were planning to donate along with the scarves, once I have a tally I will be able to size the packages at the USPS and go from there. I know that we are looking at sending at least 4 boxes with supplies and scarves at the large size USPS box. Each box is $12 shipping, so the $100 donation we received would cover that unless we are able to send over more boxes .
*I have one box of supplies at my house that I personally filled, so that might take it up to five.
  The box I packed consists of 24 Full- sized tubes of professional dental paste, and a dozen hand sanitizers. I took that box with me to Intel on our first day of sewing, and we were able to fit about 10 folded scarves on top of the other items before not being able to close it. I just took a picture of it for you folks and attached to this email (no virus) and I  hope this gives a rough idea as to what we are working with.  (I also have some Holiday tins that we want to fill and send over, but that would most certainly require a lot more in shipping funds being received.)
Also, please ignore the roughness of the scarves in this photo, they are part of a stack that my daughter and I are sewing this weekend and they are not finished.

 I was just informed yesterday that we might have the ability to send the items by MAC which would be awesome, then all we would have to do is drive to to JBLM, drop it off with ALC and they could then forward it to McChord and then over to Afghanistan. We do not know yet if we will receive the security clearance to put civilian packages on the transport, so I will have to get back to you. If we do receive permission then that is great because any extra shipping money we can put towards getting more items than we planned, and getting them to JBLM. ( I am happy to say that we have already ended up with 40 more Sand-Scarves than we had originally planned for)

 If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me. I would ask however, that for those of you to whom my Email has already been given not to give it our further. This is the email I use typically when dealing with JBLM and other heads of the Military for charity business. For those folks that already have this information please feel free to utilize it if you need further information.. A good email to forward to other folks would be AWarriors@inbox.com.

Lastly, I would like to invite everyone to come over to our Facebook fan page as updates happend there much more frequently than on our main website, and questions are typically answered there within 12-24 hours (there has a bit of down time though since I just underwent a major surgery.)

 I hope this information has helped and that we are able to convince some of you folks that our tiny organization is worthy of your help.
 



Sincerely,


 
Brandon Kent
Founder & CEO
America's Warriors
(503) 989-0048
P.O. Box 67031
Milwaukie, OR. 97268
http://www.americaswarriors.org/
"For the safety of our Troops"

Proud Patriot Guard Rider
*Oregon Chapter*
http://www.patriotguard.org/
"Standing For Those Who Stood For Us"