Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Sunday, July 3, 2011

From Hildy, Thanks and an update...

I'd like to thank my sisters and brothers who took the time out of their lives and busy schedules to call and write to me during my little leave of absence. I had exactly the length of one car to try and stop when that truck pulled into my path. I got old Trouble stopped but not before I hit the pickup.

Left wrist was shattered and will probably be permanently damaged.

I just stopped here at work to fire off a thank you and and in the words of Dire Straits say, "That's the way you do it."  With the help of Girl Geek, Chainsaw and a few other good ABATE members and bikers we took the helmet legislation, did not compromise, took everything Safety and Homeland Security could throw at us and picked up more votes with each sneaky move they made. Even with me in the hospital we picked up 5 more votes the second time around in the House.

Our fight now lies with the governor and we may very well lose there but not without a fight. I'm proud of what I did and those others who have never been in a legislative fight performed excellently. We did it as a team and the state of Delaware knows who ABATE is and that we carry considerable clout. I also was glad to see i still had some good friends in the Hall willing to go to bat when things seemed hopeless.

Should there a be a veto the fight resumes in court, guaranteed.

Once again for those of you who were there for me in my time of need I thank you and you will always be able to count on me.
Hildy
And to those of you who did nothing, you are welcome to enjoy the freedoms others have provided you!
__._,_.___