Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Delaware Helmet Law Update

OFF THE WIRE
From Hildy
To all,
It is my understanding that you must be 21 to ride without a helmet law is to be introduced tomorrow in Delaware. As of March 10th I got a phone call from the second in command of the Electrical Workers Union and was asked why I was blocking this legislation as ABATE's legislative guy? My response was that I didn't even know that there was a piece of legislation introduced to block, that ABATE would in fact support any and all efforts to remove helmets off of bikers helmets but it had to be 19 years of age and older (exactly what it is now) and we'd really like it to be 18 years of age.
On Friday March 11th I got a call from the head of the Electrical Workers Union wanting to know why I was so adamant about the 19 years and older position and that some legislators would not go with his bill unless ABATE supported the 21 and older. I told him I had a constituency just like he had and that no legislators had called me in reference to any legislation so run his bill and good luck.
Last night, Sunday the 13th, I start getting calls that this guy is calling ABATE leadership and membership that I am blocking the only chance bikers have of getting helmets off of our heads and bikes because the General Assembly won't support anything under 21. The leadership and members are starting to cave on the age limit.
Currently we have to have the lid on our bikes but don't have to wear them at 19 and older. These MFers are willing to sell out for what I don't know but that is where I'm at right now. It is going to be interesting.

Hildy
And to those of you who did nothing, you are welcome to enjoy the freedoms others have provided you!