Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Sunday, May 13, 2012

Small town corruption

OFF THE WIRE
http://www.copblock.org/tag/copblock/
Guest post
We were stopped for no known reason by two officers and they asked to search my car. I told the officer that he couldn’t search. Then the officer told us that if we didnt let them search the car they were going to call the k9 dog. At that point I asked if we were free to go.
The officer told us we were not free go and called the k9 dog. I asked the officer if I could have my cell phone back with intentions of recording. The officer replied with a no and told us we would wait on the k9 dog. The officer said he could not give me my phone back for his own safety.
Thirty minutes later the k9 arrived. I was searched by one of the officers. Also, my passenger was asked to exit the car. The k9 dog came out from another officer’s car. The officer walked the dog to the front right side of our car. The new officer on the traffic stop tapped his fingers and motioned toward the car.
At that moment the dog began to walk down the right side and than jumps up on the side. The dog then had permission to move away from the car, while receiving a treat from the officer. The k9 searched for about three minutes and the dog also put a few scratches down the side of my black BMW.
The officers then tried to say that was “probable cause” to search the k9 ”indicated” there were drugs inside. Two officers than began to search everything in the car or involving it. A woman was in the car also (my passenger). Since she was a female there was an female officer called to the scene.
At this point there were now five officers involved. I had a little extra money in the car, due to seeing my lawyer earlier that day in Asheville, NC. One of the searching officers placed the money on the trunk of the patrol car while asking me where the money came from and why was it rolled and placed the way I had it. He then returned to the car and helped the second officer. Within minutes the same officer came out of the car with an object in his hand.
He insist that he found drugs on the inside. “We got you,” said the officer. A female officer searched the woman riding with me. While proceeding with their search we than were placed in handcuffs. We were read our rights and both taken into custody. At the first of the stop I was asked if it was my car and if I were responsible for everything in the car. I answered him with a yes. We both were charged with possession and illeg al drugs. Our bond totaled $30,000 each. If anyone has any advice for us on our case it would be greatly appreciated.