Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I’ve Got a Sinking Feeling…

OFF THE WIRE
copblock.org
This write-up comes to us from CopBlock.org/submit
I got a ticket for “being parked over 18 inches from the curb” and when I saw the ticket I ran inside, grabbed a tape measure and it was at most 17 inches so I called the police department and they said that they wouldn’t send any officers to my house to check it and it’s not their job to help me build “a defense case.” He then went on to say that I could take pictures and show them to the judge to prove my innocence.
Last I checked the burden of proof falls on the prosecution, and I’m innocent till proven guilty and I gave the so-called victim in this crime (local PD) a chance to come and see that they were mistaken in their rush to feed the machine that cuts their pay checks. So now all I’m left with are pictures.
And I have to submit my body to the city government and stand before a judge and prove my innocence. If found “guilty” then I will sit my time out in a cell, because I would rather be a burden to the state then feed it with my money so they can do it again. Some may say it’s only an $80 ticket just pay it, but what’s next?

comment,
You mention the city and jurisdiction in your article. List the officers by last name Hold them to accountability by publicizing their rapaciousness.......