Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Thursday, May 13, 2010

Existing as a Motorcycle Club

Existing as a Motorcycle Club

Editorial Columns - The American Biker X Editorial

As the days go by, I see more and more injustice done to Motorcycle Club Members. While there are many who are always ready to stand and fight for their rights, there are many others who could care less! I have had many people laugh at me when I say Motorcycle Clubs need to unite in order to save themselves from a Complete ban of all MC's across the Country. People tell me there is just too much hatred between a lot of the Motorcycle Clubs.

There are many real wars going on all over the world. We don't see much about these wars on TV or read about them in the paper, but if too opposing MC Members mix it up, look out! We're talking front page news. If the story is really juicy, they may even make it into a docudrama.

For some reason, there is a real fascination with people who wear leather and ride motorcycles. Everything we do is magnified. It takes precedents over stories like wars in far away lands or stories about the sad state of our economy, record high unemployment, rising fuel costs, corrupt politicians, etc. Stories often spun to reflect age old myths and urban legends of outlaw bikers are a wonderful diversion and keep us from focusing on the real challenges facing this country.

There are MC's out there whose beliefs I do not share, I believe in the Ole Skool Values of Brotherhood, Loyalty, Freedom. If I have something my Brother too has that something. I believe if someone starts a fight with my Brother they are starting a Fight with us both! I do not believe in Robbing and Stealing to get what I want! I do not believe a Motorcycle Club Member should use his MC Membership to Bully or commit crimes against people.

Every MC has it's own Beliefs and Values. Although those beliefs and values may not be universal, the Value of Brotherhood is held the same by almost every MC out there. The Love of Motorcycles, the feeling of camaraderie, friendship, the wind in our face, these are feelings that are felt the by just about all of Us.

The point I am trying to make is, even though we may have our differences, we all share a common bond. I'll be honest, there are Clubs out there that I just don't like. They have beliefs I don't agree with and follow codes I don't believe in, but I still have more in common with them than I do the out of Control Government Agencies that are trying to destroy us all!

I am reminded of the Scene in the Movie Braveheart where Hundreds of different Scottish Clans come together. Some got along, others did not and yet others out right hated each other and would fight on sight to the death!

If you or I where to take a look at two of these clans that hated each other, it would probably take a long time for us to figure out what their differences where, To Us these Clans would appear the same.

In the movie there came a time when the grip of England grew tighter and tighter around the necks of all. It reached a point where the leaders of the Clans decided they would rather unite with groups whom they may not agree with or have the same beliefs, but at least they could understand their core values. In the end, they were all countrymen and shared a common bond. I am sure this Choice was easier to make when everyone knew the only other choice was to watch as they where are all Slowly destroyed one by one and erased from History!

This is the Point where American Motorcycle Clubs are now. We do not need to like each other and we can even still hate each other, but we must work together before it is too late!

There are Countries around the world that have already banned Motorcycle Clubs all together. MC Members who hated each other yesterday are finding Respect for each other today as they fight side by side for their simple right to just exist!!!

We Know what the Road ahead of Us holds, Do We just Continue Riding till We get there or do We begin preparing for the Storm ahead?