Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Update on the dog shooting by cop incident at my complex

OFF THE WIRE
Update,  From Tigerlily
Found this TV news vid about the dog shooting incident. http://www.ktnv.com/category/164911/ktnv-video?clipId=5562910&topVideoCatNo=81465&autoStart=true

The reporter says that the dog was shot by an officer "who happened to be in the area."
As I was walking my pups, in a hurry to get to Dave's hearing this morning, I ran into a young married couple who live in the complex. She's a very attractive young lady, a wife and a mom. They were taking groceries out of their car. She saw my dogs and told me about the dog shooting. Then we got to talking and she said she has been detained and questioned by Metro officers "who happen to be in the area." They ask her where she lives, what she's doing, where she works. She said she always answers for fear that she would be arrested. When she asks why she's being questioned, she is told, "All the women who live here are prostitutes." She has even consented to having her car searched on the premises (I believe she said twice). Her husband noticed my .45 that I always open carry and asked if that was legal, so I talked about that.
People who open carry in Las Vegas are rarely ever violated by law enforcers because they know these folks know their rights. It's easier to pick a "lower hanging fruit" as Dave would say.
TigerLily