Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Saturday, March 13, 2010

Profiling of bikers at Myrtle Beach resort hotel

OFF THE WIRE
Myrtle Beach hates bikers. Pass it on.

The following is a letter to Myrtle Beach city government complaining about discrimination by hotel staff in the city since the city began its' policy of discrimination and profiling of bikers. This one referred to bikers as criminals.

March 9, 2010

John Rhodes
5712 Springs Avenue
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Dear Mr. Rhodes,

On Friday March 8th 2010 my husband and myself took a spur of the moment trip to the coast . Night came and we found our self in Myrtle Beach. We choose to stay at the Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort. During the check in process we were both asked for our Ids, I did not have mine so I had to return to my vehicle to get mine. In my absences the young man checking us in (Rob) informed my husband that the reason they copy everyone’s ID is because of the “criminals”, my husband did not understand so Rob proceeded to inform him “you know the bikers”. My husband relayed this conversation to me during dinner, before we actually went to the room. Please let me share with you what I do - I am the State Treasure for the Concerned Bikers Association/ABATE of NC, needless to say I was not pleased with being labeled as a “criminal” simply because I ride a motorcycle. I also need to inform you that we were in a truck and did not have our motorcycles with us nor did we have “biker” attire on.
I went back to the hotel and had a discussion with Rob. I informed Rob that my husband had shared the conversion with me and he did not deny it. Rob told me I had the city council of Myrtle Beach to thank for that and that “they” were going on rumor that someone had been murdered. I proceed to inform Rob that had nothing to do with me and then he proceeded to ask me if I know the NAACP was involved in this and I again told him that had nothing to do with me. I told Rob that I could not stay at his hotel and he did refund my money. Rob asked me if I would be staying in Myrtle Beach and I told him NO…I had learned my lesson and would be spending my money at North Myrtle Beach.
I’m sure you are asking…so why is she writing to me? Do you as the Mayor of Myrtle Beach realize that because of your City Council’s actions that you now have merchants calling everyday citizens “criminals”? Do you even care? I am saddened and sickened that a place that my family and friends have been coming to all of our lives now considers me a criminal simply because I ride a motorcycle. I have been tried and convicted without ever have committed a crime…how dare you! I suggest that you sit back rethink the message that you are sending the merchants and the public.
I will be sending letters to the newspapers, your State Senator, magazines and the Governor. I will not allow your town to label me as a criminal!!!

Sincerely,

J. Darlene Kimsey
Trinity, NC 27370