Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Just in from ABATE of Arizona

OFF THE WIRE
Just in from ABATE of Arizona - Very disappointing. Say what you want about the challenges with getting a profiling bill passed...APATHY within our own community is our biggest enemy. This will NOT happen here in CA!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have some very bad news.
HM2001 motorcycle awareness; profiling; prevention bill will not be heard in committee. With only 90 signatures on the petition and only 7 signed into the RTS system, I have very limited support to go to the Speaker of the House or the Committee Chairman to persuade them to make sure the bill is heard.
I did speak to Speaker of the House Mesnard and he did assign it to committee like I asked but it is the committee chairman Eddie Farnsworth who has allowed it to die.
I spoke to the bill sponsors and other Representatives, both Democrat and Republican, who are in support of this. I have met with Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and Phoenix PD to discuss this. This is the language that law enforcement can support. It is not a “You have to do this” type of bill. It’s a suggestion that law enforcement and motorcyclists work together to fix the problem. It’s obvious that Representative Farnsworth, who says he rides a motorcycle, does not see this as an issue.
I asked for all of ABATE and other mro’s to sign the petition. I’ve asked for all to get on the RTS system and record your position on this. Both take less than 2 minutes each.
I do appreciate those who sent emails, signed the petition and on the RTS system. And especially those who made phone calls to Representative Farnsworth’s office.
But, without the support of the motorcycle community, there is nothing else I can do.
I’m sorry for those who will continue to be profiled. I will continue to fight for our rights. Even if others don’t care.
FREEDOM IS A TEAM SPORT.
Mike Infanzon
ABATE of Arizona, State Lobbyist