Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fed-Up Veteran Warns CT Lawmakers on Gun Registration: ‘I’m Telling You Riht Now, I Will Not Comply’

OFF THE WIRE

cinque


by Gina Cassini | Top Right News
Now that tens of thousands of gun owners in Connecticut are in direct violation of a hastily-passed gun control law which includes mandatory registration, a video of a fed-up Navy veteran warning lawmakers that he “will not comply” with the law is just going viral.
As previously reported by TRN, as many as 100,000 gun owners technically became felons overnight because they chose not to register their semi-automatic rifles and/or high-capacity magazines.
A man, identified as John S. Cinque, reportedly appeared at a public meeting in North Haven, Conn., to confront lawmakers over the gun control law.
Cinque started by asking if the bill would have done anything to prevent the tragic Sandy Hook shooting. Eventually, Connecticut State Rep. David Yaccarino (R) replied, “maybe not.”
Cinque went on to ask what the state plans to do with residents who “will not comply with this law.”
“That’s up to you, that’s your right,” Yaccarino said. “As far as Sandy Hook, we don’t know if it would’ve or wouldn’t have, but we also have an obligation to do our best to protect public safety.”
That’s when Cinque went off, causing the room to erupt in applause.
“I’m a 30-year public servant, 20-year career fireman, OK? United States Navy veteran, upstanding citizen all my life, three children — and with the stroke of a pen from the ivory tower with the gold top, you’ve decided to create me to be a felon. A class D felony for doing absolutely nothing wrong.”
He also warned lawmakers that gun control advocates would not simply stop at gun registration.
“You people really think they’re going to stop? I’m telling you right now, I’m will never vote for any of you again, I’m done,” he added.
And before he was done speaking, Cinque sent a message to lawmakers loud and clear: “I don’t want to speak for nobody else… But I’m telling you right now, I will not comply. There you go.
WATCH: