Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Friday, August 3, 2012

Born and Raised…this is so wrong!!!

OFF THE WIRE

My  name is d'Lynn.  I'm a disabled Vietnam  vet.  I don't look too bad for a beat-up  old fart, do I?  And that's my ride.   She's looking pretty good also, especially  when you consider that she'll turn twenty this  summer.  That's right, it's a 1990 with a  1990 sidecar.  I can't ride a solo bike,  ergo the sidecar rig.  It's my sole means  of transportation - rain or shine, snow or wind,  and this summer also marks a milestone in both  of our lives, as I will finally be able to pay  her off.  Twenty years old?  What?   Why did it take so long?  You weren't  paying attention, were you?  It's right at  the beginning of this paragraph.   
  
I  am a disabled vet, which means I receive a  veterans administration disability pension,  which also means "I'm broke!"  Just one  step ahead of being homeless every month, and  that's not an idle statement or an "Oh, woe is  me" dire complaint.  There’s a point to  this, so hang in there a minute or two and read  on.

There's a 25-year-old illegal  immigrant woman living in Florida , with eight  kids.  Yes, eight "anchor babies" and she  receives just shy of $1,500 per month per kid,  plus medical, plus food stamps.   

  
Oh,  wait.  I've been informed that I shouldn't  call them Food Stamps anymore.  That's not  PC.  It's all called “Social Assistance”  now.  You do the math on that yourself.   I'd say that she was schooled early in how  to make it in the system.  Twenty-five  years old, eight kids . . . . . yep, she started  early. 
You  can whip out the calculator if you want, but  this woman, who never has paid a dime in taxes  of any kind, (and still doesn't – she's  'illegal,' remember?) is here in this country  illegally.  She hasn’t paid out one cent in  medical for all the “anchor babies,” makes more  in one month, legally, than I receive in over a  year and a half in disability payments and I  can't even get food stamps!  Oops, I mean  “Social Assistance.”
 
Technically  I am eligible for “Social Assistance.”  I  was told it would be a walk through – a gimme –  being disabled.  No problem, and in the  very next breath I was also informed that under  the law the amount I received in “Social  Assistance” would be deducted from my disability  pension.
Let's  say I take a great photograph.  It was just  luck, a one of a kind accident, in the right  place at the right time shot.  My local  newspaper offers me fifty bucks to use the photo  in a featured story.  (I live in a small  town and fifty bucks is all they could afford.)   I have to report that fifty dollars to  the VA as earned income,  which will  immediately be deducted from my next month’s  disability check.  If I don't report it I’m  in violation of federal law and technically they  can stop my disability pension and prosecute me  under a federal felony.  Pretty  cool, eh?  For fifty bucks.
 
I  see no point in dealing with two federal  bureaucracies, so I don't bother.  What's  the point?
 
She's  here illegally and with just one kid would make  over twice what I receive per month.  She  has eight and she’s not a stand-out case.   She’s not alone.  That's the way the  system works.  Millions of illegal  immigrants know this, know how the system works  and know how to use it.  (Haven't you seen  the pamphlet?  It's handed out all along  our borders, "The Illegal Immigrants' Guide to  Keeping America Just The Way It Is.") and that's  just the way it works.
 
Did  you know that the federal government provides a  “refugee” in this country with a monthly  “stipend” of $1,890, plus $580 a month in  “Social Assistance?” That’s $2,470 a month,  tax-free.  That's two and a half times  what I’m allowed to receive as a disabled  vet.  And  just what did they do to earn this?  All  you have to do is show up on our collective  doorstep, raise your right hand and swear that  you're a refugee and, bingo, receive $30,000 a  year, tax-free.  That's more than someone  making $15 an hour, and they have to pay taxes  to boot!

Now, in defense of the Veterans  Administration, they are doing what they can  with what they've got.  This is precious  little compared to what they should have to get  the job done.  At least this country has a  VA.  

  
It's  the Senate that keeps passing laws, rules and  guidelines, cutting their budget, denying  requests for more staff and computer systems to  handle the massive work flow.  Their hands  are tied by the very government that's supposed  to give them what they need to get the job done,  by the government you voted into office.   Don't scream at the VA.  I have.   It's misguided anger.
The  point to this “story?”  Just why are you  paying such high taxes to support this  incredibly screwed-up government?  Why?   And I’m not proposing you stop paying your  taxes.  That's wrong.  There are good  programs and reasons to pay your taxes and  support our government.  

  
What  am I proposing?  It's quite simple.   Vote.
  
The  government, our government, is broken and we as  the voters serve as the maintenance crew.   We fix it . . . . . by voting. If your  state Senator has been in office more than two  terms, vote 'em out at the next election.   If your state representative has been in  office more than two terms, vote 'em out of  office.  We put term limits on just about  every publicly-elected official in the country  except the House and Senate.  
  
Why?   Believe me, they know this and love it!   Ahhh - the power!
  
I  don't care how much you believe your Senator or  Representative is doing a good job.   They're not!  Look at the government  you have....that we have.  How can you  state they are doing what you want as the voter  that put them there?  How?
  
Vote  them out of office.  Do it.
Change  the course of this country's history by what you  are granted and guaranteed under the law.   Vote!  And if you have the guts, the  anger, the outrage, start a petition in your  state for a state-wide initiative to be placed  on your next state ballot.  Limiting the  terms of office for your state senators and  state representatives to your federal government  to two terms.
 
The  federal government will never pass such a law,  but you can.  You can get it done.   You can force it.  You can make it a  law.

This is the first step in “getting  it right.”  Just vote.  It's simple.  It's easy, dammit!
This first step will  send a very clear message. It’ll work.   It’ill put “us” back in control of “them.”   As it should be.  As it was intended  in the first place.

Are you an American?   Born and raised?  Then  vote!

Side note:  I sent this e-mail  to a little over one hundred on my e-mail list.   If you believe I’m wrong or misguided or  you simply don't agree, that's fine.  Go  right ahead and delete this e-mail.  No  problem.  Sorry to have bothered you.   But if you think I just might have a  worthwhile idea, something we can easily  accomplish, something that could be a small part  at getting this country back under “our”  control, then please pass this  along.