Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Monday, February 27, 2012

3 Holy Men & a Bear..

Three Holy Men and a Bear
 A Catholic Priest, a Baptist Preacher and a Rabbi all served as Chaplains to
 The students of Northern Michigan University at Marquette in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk Shop.
One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all
 That hard, a real challenge would be to preach to a bear.
 One thing led to another, and they decided to do an experiment. They would
 All go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to Convert it to their religion.
 Seven days later, they all came together to discuss their experiences.
 Father Flannery, who had his arm in a sling, was on crutches, and had
 Various bandages on his body and limbs, went first.
 'Well,' he said, 'I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found
 Him, I began to read to him from the Catechism.
 Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around.
 So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary Mother of
God, he became as gentle as a lamb. The Bishop is coming out next week to
 Give him first communion and confirmation.'
 Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, had one arm and both
 Legs in casts, and had an IV drip.
 In his best fire-and-brimstone oratory, he exclaimed,  'WELL, brothers, you
 KNOW that we Baptists don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And
 Then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted
Nothing to do with me.
 So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill UP
 Another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quickly DUNKED him
 And BAPTIZED his hairy soul.  And just like you said, he became as gentle as
 A lamb.  We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus..Hallelujah!
 The Priest and the Reverend both looked down at the Rabbi, who was lying in
 A hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IVs and monitors
 Running in and out of him. He was in really bad shape.
 The Rabbi looked up and said: "Looking back on it, ....circumcision may not
 Have been the best way to start."