Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Sunday, January 15, 2012

AUSTRALIA - Gypsy Jokers anger residents

OFF THE WIRE
Residents living near the Everton Park warehouse where the Gypsy Jokers have congregated have expressed their anger about their new neighbours.Jean-Pierre Knoetze, a motorbike rider himself, is packing his bags and leaving his house on Timms Rd for the weekend to escape the noise.
He and his girlfriend are heading to Byron Bay to escape the noise, police presence and, worst of all for him, the scrutiny of being associated with the group.
"I used to keep my bike right out the front of my house,'' Mr Knoetze said.
"Now I don't. I don't want to be associated with them,'' he said.
Mr Knoetze is staying in Byron Bay until Tuesday, when the Gypsy Joker recruitment drive is expected to end.
"For normal guys driving normal bikes it's unfair,'' he said. ''This is a family neighbourhood. There is a school right nearby.''
Nearby, Toni Washband and her husband Dennis have a house higher up the heavily-patrolled street, looking over the warehouse in Brisbane's north-west where the gxxg is congregating.
The couple said the gxxg was too close for comfort, and that police warnings weren't helping their nerves.
"I didn't know anything was happening until I went to pour out some oil in the front yard and I saw all the police. I didn't realise pouring out oil was such a serious offence.''
"I heard some bike backfire today and I just about died. I thought I should hit the floor,'' Mrs Washband said.
"You can just hear them laughing now,'' she said.
"Dennis pretends he's not scared, but it is nerve-wracking. ''
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gypsy-jokers-anger-residents/story-e6freoof-1226244124855