For Immediate Release:
Massachusetts native Chris Traetti to square off with unbeaten Edwin Rodriguez the main event of Broadway Boxing on August 20 from Mechanics Hall in Worcester, Mass.
WORCESTER, MA (August 3, 2011) – It will be a battle for home state supremacy on August 20 when Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez puts his unbeaten record on the line in the main event of Broadway Boxing from Mechanics Hall in Worcester, Massachusetts. Rodriguez (18-0, 13 KOs), a Worcester native, will battle another local favorite, Chris Traetti (10-2, 6 KOs), who hails from just down the road in Quincy.
Tickets for Broadway Boxing are on sale now through DiBella Entertainment, and start at only $35. Tickets can be purchased by calling DiBella Entertainment at (212) 947-2577.
Traetti certainly won’t be scared by anything the unbeaten Rodriguez throws his way when they square off in the ring. Traetti is an active member of the US Air Force Reserves, who was stationed in Iraq from December, 2004 through May, 2005. Even now, Traetti spends his weekdays stationed at an Air Force base in Chicopee, Mass. before hitting the gym at night to prepare for Rodriguez.
“When I was deployed, there were days when I didn’t want to be there. I was in the worst place in the world, working 12 to 14 hour days, sleeping in a tent, and I had no home to go to,” said Traetti. “It puts things in perspective. Some days I don’t want to go to the gym, but then I think to myself ‘if that is the worst thing I have to do today, I am pretty lucky.’”
Since last June, when Rodriguez last stepped into the ring in his hometown, he has hit the road to score the two biggest wins of his career, a ninth round stoppage of James McGirt, Jr. to capture the WBC USNBC super middleweight title last November and a ten round decision over top-10 ranked super middleweight Aaron Pryor, Jr. in January. Traetti believes that those wins add weight on Rodriguez’s shoulders to perform that may pave the way to an upset.
“There is definitely going to be a big crew coming from Quincy, but it is still his homecoming” said Traetti. “If I lose, I go from 10-2 to 10-3 and I’ll get another fight because I promote my own shows. If he loses, there goes the world title shot. All the pressure is on him, and that is pretty liberating for me as a fighter.”
Tickets for Broadway Boxing are on sale now through DiBella Entertainment, and start at only $35. Main Floor tickets are priced at $55, $75, and $125. Rear Balcony tickets are $35 and $75. Tables for groups of 10 are priced at $1,000. Tickets can be purchased by calling DiBella Entertainment: (212) 947-2577, and more information can be obtained by visitingwww.dbe1.com.
#   #   #
Contact:
DiBella Entertainment – 212-947-2577
www.dbe1.com
Alex Dombroff – Alex@dbe1.com
Meredith Greenberg –
Meredith@dbe1.com