Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Sunday, March 6, 2011

When purchasing gas with a credit/debit card... remember to "CLEAR" first!

OFF THE WIRE
Just so you KNOW!!!
Using credit/debit card?
Read this note very carefully.
I did not know about the clear button,
but I will be pushing the clear button before I swipe my gas or debit card
and after just to be safe.
People are getting really desperate due to the constantly rising gas prices.
A friend just told me about something that happened to one of his coworkers.
She used her credit/debit card to purchase gas at the pump (like most of us do).
She received her receipt like normal.
However, when she checked her statement,
there were 2 $50.00 charges added in addition to her purchase.
Upon investigation, she found out that because
she did not press the 'clear' button on the pump,
the employee inside the store was able to use her card to purchase his/her own gas!
To keep this from happening, after you get your receipt,
you must press the 'CLEAR' button or your information
will be stored until the next customer inserts their card.
Be sure to tell all your friends/family so that this doesn't happen to them.
I had never noticed the clear button but I got gas
the other day and sure enough it is there. I shall be using it from now on.
Lower left corner