Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Government data gathering base...

The government has finally come out with a public hotline to gather information on unsafe products, like motorcycle helmets. All we have to do is tell em
http://www.saferproducts.gov/
Mac
For four years, I have recommended everyone go there and file official complaints with the NHTSA Office of Defect Investigations about their helmet.
On Halloween, 2007, I promoted the idea of people actually filing official complaints about helmets and their specific helmets. In just a few days, the number of official helmet complaints skyrocketed so that there were more helmet complaints in just those few days than there were in the past 12 years! People were complaining about everything from bees getting stuck in them and stinging people in the head to just hating mandatory laws and you name it.

http://www.boltusa.org/html/helmet_complaints.html

The NHTSA ODI has to investigate every complaint. To have an official complaint process and actually use it rather than just bitch and moan amongst each other is a beautiful thing.
I have penned a legislative proposal to make NC police record the helmet makes and models of helmets for every accident where a person was injured or killed. However, I cannot get legislators to even respond to me. it is either me or it is them, and I believe it is them. Screw government and the idea that it is representative. I'm very fed up with those who are under the notion that there is representative government.
jan