Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Motorcycle only Checkpoints.

Good morning America,
Dave
Supreme Court Justice
Informed Citizen
We are waking up to a new checkpoint a year, give or take. At Guerrilla lawfare DUI checkpoint "disrupting" is the norm. So given that Motorcycle only checkpoints, (MOC's) have different criteria, I thought I would start a thread so we can formulate what proven techniques we can apply as well as new exciting ideas that are unique to MOC's. It will be impossible for a rider to do all of the things suggested in 1 checkpoint, so if you want to go cause a little fun, I suggest that you cherry pick the ideas that you like and use those while expanding on others. With feedback coming in, we will be able to fine tune our methods. Also it is important to:

ONLY DO LEGAL, AND PEACEFUL RESISTANCE, CHECK THE LAWS IN YOUR STATE! ! !

Here is my scenario: Going down the road, Sign says MOC ahead, so I get my Guerrilla lawfare game face on.
Pulling into the checkpoint I turn off motor, pull key from ignition and put it in the pocket that my audio recorder is in, and bring out recorder.

Stop where officer directs, and let LEO begin LEO in green

We are doing a safety check here today so I need to see your documents. (My state) Officer the NRS says that checkpoints cannot be used for ID purposes, Are you asking for ID? I cannot play the officer on this one as I have no idea what they would do..
I Need you to turn on all your lights.
Officer is this a mechanical inspection?
Yes.
Officer I am not certified to participate in inspections, can you tell me where the “waiting area is?
The waiting area for people that do not do what I say is Downtown, get it ...
But officer with all respect, I am not certified, I also have not been issued a workman’s comp certification to perform or assist in motorcycle safety inspections, Is it not against OSHA regulations to have customers in the work area?
All I know is this bike is not going anywhere without being inspected.
Officer, are you Detaining me?
I have a bunch more, but I want to get more Ideas and feedback, and as we go critique and bounce ideas off one another.
Dave

Would it also be wise to ask if the inspection is a mandatory inspection or a consentual inspection? If the inspection is mandatory I would probably lock the handlebars so the bike can not be ridden.
If they don't know if the bike is "safe" they shouldn't be riding it. Of course I am not going to give my permission to a police officer to ride my bike.
Mark

Whitey,
My question becomes, Does it state that it is a Mandatory Inspection. If it Doesn't, then I Would think You Should not have to Comply. Cops can lie so, they are of course going to say that it is a Mandatory Inspection.


Dunno why they don't just send us all through Weigh Station stops. lol
I Would Check with those smarter than me on the legality.
But, If You have Your keys in Your pocket ... Not alot they are going to be able to do to inspect it. If they have a Locksmith "Break Into" the bike to start it, then they are violating the Safety Features of the Bike, I would think that would be illegal as they are not authorized Dealer Safety Engineers.
Find out from a Lawyer if it is a Consensual Inspection. It is a all in the translation of the Law. may not match ours lol
Whitey
If it helps, Here are the NRS Codes concerning the topic.


INSPECTION OF VEHICLES
NRS 484.695 Inspection by peace officer or inspector; citation or notice of violation; centers for inspection; standards for tires and brakes. [Replaced in revision by NRS 484D.560.]
NRS 484.697 Operation of vehicle without required equipment or in unsafe condition prohibited; exceptions. [Replaced in revision by NRS 484D.570.]
NRS 484.701 Penalty for failure or refusal to stop and submit to inspection or test. [Replaced in revision by NRS 484D.580.]