Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Saturday, February 26, 2011

Letter to the Gov of Georgia

Here's my version.
Governor,
I live in California, San Diego. Many of my friends invite me every year to GEORGIA to ride with them to Daytona Beach and many of my friends from up north travel I-95 to Bike Week.
After reading that Georgia has been given a $70,000 grant by NTHSA for motorcycle-only roadblocks and that you're allowing the State "Storm Troopers" to single out motorcycles ONLY for unconstitutional (4th Amendment)"roadblocks under the guise of "Safety Inspections", I've decided to go to the THE GULF OF MEXICO instead. There the local businesses appreciate the revenue from the bikers  from the US, and the government understands the Constitution and applies the law fairly to all.
Too bad!
I understand your state could have used my money. Instead, I'll spend it everywhere else BUT Georgia until you come to your senses and stop the madness of "motorcycle-only checkpoints" and force law enforcement in your state to abide by the US Constitution.
 
 
Philip Heneghan,
aka Screwdriver

David
Can you give me the addres you sent it to?

David, It is on the AMA website http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rights/issueslegislation
Click on read more and it is at the bottom of the second page "Governor Nathan Deal"

http://gov.georgia.gov/00/channel_title/0,2094,165937316_166426501,00.html