Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Book American Biker

OFF THE WIRE
AMERICAN BIKER by Bill Hayes

I received a copy of the new book "American Biker" from my friend Bill Hayes, the author. I want people to know that before I tell them how much I enjoyed the book.

I liked it because it tells it like it is and or was as it is about The History, The Clubs, The Lifestyle, The Truth and not because Bill and I are friends. I have read books by others I know and either did not comment on them or said I did not agree and stated the reason.

The information in this book came from many sources and I do know a lot of them. Some of the information I have first hand knowledge of. It is well put together and I Strongly Suggest that if you are interested in the History of Motorcycling you get a copy.

I have to state that there is one part of the book that I do not agree with and that is on page 293 where it says Lou Kimzey the founder of ABATE – A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments changed the name to A Brotherhood Aiming Towards Education. Lou Never Did That though some Chapters did it on their own.

I have brought this to Bill's attention and he has agreed to change that in future printings of the book. This shows me and others that in fact he wants this publication to be in fact truth.

In all fairness to him and the publication he and others may have gotten that impression from a statement I made some years ago when being interviewed for Charlie Brechtel's Bikers Inner Circle Show and I was Not Totally Clear when explaining the name was changed. I just said it was later changed I did not go into detail but then again I never said Lou Kimzey changed it either. This interview can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZ30P4YJvU

American Biker can be purchased at www.americanbikerthebook.com Amazon.com or in your local book store. The ISBN number is 978-0-615-37595-3 and the Library of Congress control number is 2010936913

I Know You Will Enjoy This Book As Much As I Did!