Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Saturday, January 22, 2011

11 Famous Ladies Who Love Motorcycles

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-11-famous-ladies-who-love-motorcycles/
11 Famous Ladies Who Love Motorcycles

Kate Torgovnick
1 of 11
Marisa Miller is known for looking eye-rollingly good in swimsuits—not for being particularly badass. So you’ll probably be pretty surprised to find out that she is an avid Harley-Davidson enthusiast. “My dad taught me how to ride,” she says in the new issue of Shape. “Being outside in nature is so freeing for me. … I also love the challenge. Riding my motorcycle builds my self-esteem and confidence.” The girl even penned a short piece for AskMen.com called “The Top 10 Reasons To Ride a Motorcycle” and did the video above for Harley. [People, Ask Men]
After the jump, more famous ladies who have a need for motorcycle speed.

2) Kate Hudson learned how to ride a motorcycle for the movie “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days,” which I totally watched for the first time on cable the other week. “I can ride a motorcycle,” she said. “I learned on a Yamaha, the little dirt bikes, then I went on to a Harley. It was really heavy but the stunt coordinator Jack Gill showed up with a pink Harley and I went, ‘That’s great!’ I learned how to drive that. Then when I got on the Triumph for this film, it was so much lighter that I actually could really drive it. I love riding motorcycles.” [A Girl World]

3) Supermodel Lauren Hutton has been riding motorcycles since the ‘60s, and often went cruising with bike buddies Jeremy Irons and Dennis Hopper. Two years ago, she was in a bad crash riding with them on a 100-mile ride, when she skidded and was launched into a pile of rocks. “They thought I was dead,” she said. “Evidently I landed and then I skidded 170 feet on my face like that, face down, but thank God it was my visor, face down. So there were all these little miracles that occurred on the way. I really feel like this is all extra time, you know?”
4) Granted, we’ve never seen Paris Hilton actually ride, but she has been photographed on motorcycles several times. Last month, she announced that she was starting a motorcycle team, called Super-Martxe VIP by Paris Hilton, featuring riders like Sergio Gadea, Maverick Vinales and Ricard Jove. “I can’t believe I have my own racing team! So cool! ” she tweeted from the kick-off event. “Posing on my new Motorcycle Loves it!”
5) Meghan McCain shared with Elle Magazine that getting her motorcycle license is one of the big things she plans to do before turning 30. Well, she’s 25 now, so she has a few years.

6) Angelina Jolie got a motorcycle for her 35th birthday this summer from none other than Brad Pitt, who helped her learn to ride it. “It’s a proper bike and it’s powerful. I used to have a bike years ago, but I hadn’t owned one for a long time. Brad’s a really good teacher—he’s really patient. I’m very impatient so I can wreck a bike if I’m not careful. Sometimes we’ll go on the track together and there you can go really fast and let your hair down.” Just when you think she can’t get any cooler.

7) Angelina’s ex, model Jenny Shimizu, explains why she adores motorcycling. “I was born with the obsession for anything with a motor. I would pop open the hood of my dad’s Volkswagen and pretend I was working on it when I was around 6-years-old,” she said. “All my cousins had Yamaha or Husquavarna Enduros and they would take me on rides. I was too small to ride myself and I would feel like I was in heaven.”
8) Keira Knightley gladly hopped onto a cream-colored vintage motorcycle for a Chanel fragrance commercial earlier this year.
9) Pink dangles from the ceiling of concert halls hanging by aerial cloth, so it’s not too surprising that she likes to ride motorcycles. She’s been seen around town both on a Harley and on a Triumph. Even after she burned her leg on husband Carey Hart’s bike in April.

10) Elizabeth Taylor was gifted with a motorcycle, a Harley-Davidson she named Purple Passion, by Malcolm Forbes. Cute! [

11) Model Niki Taylor is a Harley fanatic, too, after a car crash that almost killed her in 2001. “My husband and I ride Harley-Davidsons. I’m a bit of a daredevil these days,” she said. “After my accident, I think I realized it was good to embrace life. My faith is really important to me, and I’m less afraid now than before. Burney and I do these cross-country motorcycle trips where you ride for approximately 500 miles a day, seven or eight days straight. It’s a group of 200 or so bikes and it’s tons of fun.”