Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Friday, December 17, 2010

SAE J2825

OFF THE WIRE
It appears that many want this new decibel measurement system, including AMA, MRF, MIC, ABATE of CA and others. In doing some research it appears we are being pushed towards similar sound testing system as in Europe. Of course one of my concerns is the EPA/UN plan to put all of the U.S. under European standards. Second is of course, why would true motorcyclist rights activist want to support any system that makes it easier for law enforcement? I believe I posted the reply I received from the AMA as to why they are endorsing this standard. To date, I have had no response from the MRF, (as to why they are supporting). Lots of chatter on the internet regarding this, I do want to have a BOLT discussion on this.
Quote from AMA...”Again, if the issue is excessive sound, we can’t think of a better way to establish a test procedure that’s fair to all concerned (i.e., motorcycle owner, law enforcement, courts, etc) than this one” as stated by Mr. Imre F. Szauter, Government Affairs Manager, AMA.
With so much push for this, from even the manufacturer, I just wonder if there are any “deals” being made under the table? Am I missing something? If I have a muffler with an EPA Stamp and the cop thinks my pipes are too loud, would I not what to jerk him (and the courts) around as much as possible by making the cop comply with the Fed Decibel Testing?
Mac