Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Signage “Amber Alert”

OFF THE WIRE
“Save a life, look twice. Motorcycles are everywhere”.

Yesterday, Mark and I rode on down to Vacaville to file the paperwork in his appeal. Once again, there on the “Amber Alert” signs was; “Save a life, look twice, motorcycles are everywhere”. This is big stuff for California and I will again, send my thanks to John Del Santo and the other ABATE members who stayed on top of this for many years. On the way back to Sacramento, we were starting to run into traffic congestions. Mark and I started splitting lanes. I generally do not split lanes unless the traffic is at a stop or really crawling. I generally ride an Ultra and do not like squeezing that bagger between cars. But on that day I was on my Fatboy (which I haven’t ridden long distance for some time). I had forgotten how fast and nibble that bike is. But my point here, many of the cars were actually moving out of our way. It use to be or generally was, one out of every 10 cars would try to block your passage and one out of every 10 would give you added space.
Only one dick head in 70 miles really tried to block us (or block Mark I should say, I passed the asshole on the right). Cars on my right that moved, I yelled “thank you” and cars on my left I tried to give everyone a friendly wave.
For those of us in California, please encourage others to thank the car drivers that give us extra space. Maybe the signage is working. And pass this on to the sport bike riders. A little respect can go a long ways.