Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Friday, April 16, 2010

[ABATE] Re: MD: Motorcyclist Charged with Recording Police

The following is from a local ABATE President. I’ve had several emails regarding the Maryland issue. Basically, this brief conversation illustrates the difference between B.O.L.T. and ABATE of CA. We are all smart enough to know cops have deadly force permission. If you truly want to fight for your Rights; you have to push the envelope. The little email that Mark received from Folsom PD; would not have happened, if Mark had chosen the path of ABATE of CA.


From: Steve [
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:35 AM
To: Mac
Subject: Re: [ABATE] Re: MD: Motorcyclist Charged with Recording Police

Hi Mac

Too often LEOs degenerate into thugs. Some start that way; others become thugs due to the nature of the job. Part of it is having to deal with so many sordid people and behaviors. Part of it comes from being armed all the time. The ancient Greeks had a saying, that there is power in the iron. What this meant was that simply by carrying a sword one would be more inclined to see the need to use the sword. Weapons give power to the persons who carry them, and this power can be insidious and seductive. Thus, a cop who has degenerated into being a thug with a gun and a badge may feel he is the law, that whatever he says goes, and no one has any right to question him.

Like I said, I prefer to have as little contact with LEOs as possible.

Good luck with your appeal.

Steve

Mac wrote:
We carry voice recorders all the time. If I get stopped while driving my car; I turn it on. Of course B.O.L.T. does seek out friendly encounters to help educate our law enforcement in regards to helmet tickets. My last ticket was in August by a local CHP Officer. I was found guilty and am now moving on to the Appellate Courts. I wrote a letter to the CHP Commissioner; his office has basically issued a letter of apology; stating it will not happen again.

I have a saying; Calm Seas Do Not A Good Sailor Make. You cannot become proficient at fighting for your Constitutional Rights if all you want to do is putt around in the safe harbor. The fine was $173; if I win the appeal, I get it back. However, the fine is a great investment. I’ve learned a lot, neither local CHP nor any CHP should ever write another helmet ticket and I am better trained for my next Constitutional fight.

I will forward an email from Folsom PD. An officer was going to arrest Mark (go to jail); if he did not turn off his voice recorder. The Watch Sergeant came out and gave Mark permission to record. Folsom PD went to the DA’s office who responded, perfectly legal.

Mac