Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Friday, March 26, 2010

Helmet court

OFF THE WIRE
Last evening Judge Cedric Kerns, found me the Defendant, Not Guilty of violating Nevada's Headgear Statute, NRS.486.231. The Judge admonished me for excercising my rights within the law, told me that he could have found me guilty, and blamed the Not Guilty verdict on the Prosecution, saying they rested there case prematurly.

A couple of journalists from Quick throttle magazine were there, taking Pictures etc. and want me to do an in depth interview with them tomorrow.

In the end, it was a small victory for motorcyclists, and should help set the stage for furthur advancements.

Everything that the Judge said was bullshit, and I believe that he is aware that I know.
I have watched the proceedings several times, and the prosecution never rested, The judge continued proceedings so the prosecution could research the law.

It makes common sense to me, since I also have researched the law, that the prosecution withdrew as they realized, they have no case. It still leaves the problem of being profiled because of an opinion surrounding your headgear, detained, and basicly having to prove yourself not guilty. Nice Country America Dave


No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Terry v Ohio quoting Union Pacific v Botsford.

Congrats. It appears he convinced the LV prosecutor; same as Quig convinced the Nevada AG.