Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How Important Is Prospecting !!!

is how a group of them had been riding together for years having a great time and all getting along. Well one As a Member of a Motorcycle Club, I wanted to give some advice to new Clubs out there that are starting up and to those looking to become part of a Club on why I feel Prospecting is so important. I hope I can help make it clear.

I hear members of new Motorcycle Clubs say things like "We do not prospect people" or "We met someone and liked them so we gave them a Patch". To some of you out there this may sound unbelievable, but trust me it not only happens in many new MCs, it is the reason most new MCs do not make it through their first year.

Finding a person you like and get along with is a great start. I have many real good friends I like, But I do not know if they would make good Club Members or not. If a person is going to be your Motorcycle Club Brother you need to get to know him as a Club Member first and he needs to get to know what it means to be a part of the Club!

I have spoken to many members of very casual Clubs and I hear a similar story over and over again. The story day a new person shows up maybe a friend of a member and he seems like a nice guy. He rides with them a couple of times and they let him into the Club. Right after he becomes a member he turns into a total moron! Now He is going places representing himself as a member of the Club making others hate him and the Club in the process. He starts making it so good members who have been around for years no longer wish to be a part of the Club! Some members want to throw him out, others say they cant do that. The Club is in total chaos and all are in fear of the club shutting down!

What should they do? Well all these problems could have been avoided if the person had prospected! By having a person prospect you can get to know them and see what they are really like. It is easy for a person to behave real well for a few days, but give them a little time and their true Colors will show!

Now how long should you prospect a person for? Well that depends on you and your Club. How much does your Club mean to you? Should you prospect the person three months? Six Months? One Year? I feel the answer is real simple, you and your Club members set a Minimum time limit and then you Prospect the person until they have become a Member and not a moment before that!

Now Prospecting is not just for the Club to find out if they want a person as a Member. It is also for the individual to find out if they want to be a Member of that Club. There is no shame in the fact that a certain Club may have not been for you. If it wasn't I’m pretty sure there is a Club out there for you. Most people don't get married to the first person they meet in life. They look around till they find the one that's perfect for them! Like People all Clubs are different and Prospecting is going to be different from one Club to another.

Now it just maybe only my opinion, but I have always felt prospecting is not about trying to break a person. Prospecting is about a person turning into a Member of your Club. Some will rise and become a Brother others will not! My Club Brothers are as close to me as my real Brother. They are all strong adult men who have proven themselves! Not Boys who are looking to prove something to themselves! We all get along great and the only way to keep the Club that way is Prospecting!

I have heard many who have been involved in a Motorcycle Club say that they feel the Brotherhood of the Motorcycle Club world no long exists. I want everyone to know that just because it may not have been there in the Club they were apart of, or tried to become a part of does not mean it has gone extinct. I know that the Brotherhood of the Motorcycle Club world is alive and strong because I am a part of it!!!